Chupacabra wrote recently of a neighbor being startled when he was sleeping on his back porch. I don't know that I've startled my neighbors, but early the other morning, I was a bit concerned when the bright lights from my motion detector went on at about 4:00a. Since the pupster hadn't alerted, I assumed it was the wind blowing the trees, and returned to sleep.
There was a night last week when it was so still that I could hear the 60 Hz hum of the power line or transformer. I generally prefer a slight breeze.
- News today that Muammar Gadhafi warned those accusing him of using deadly violence against his own people that he would "put two fingers in their eyes."
- I'm picturing something out of The Three Stooges.
- Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
- Actually, I think he used those very words.
- Or maybe it was a bad translation.
- Also, Bernard Madoff declares "Government is a Ponzi Scheme."
- Well, duh.
- But hey, Bernie, baby, you're hardly in the high moral position here.
- One winter’s evening, seated next to a blazing camp fire, an old Sioux Indian chief told his grandson about the inner struggle that goes on inside people.
“You see” said the old man, “this inner struggle is like two wolves fighting each other. One is evil, full of anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, deceit, false pride, superiority, and ego.”
“The other one,” he continued, poking the fire with a stick so that the fire crackled, sending the flames dancing into the night sky, “is good, full of joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
- For several minutes the grandson pondered his grandfather’s words and then asked, “So which wolf wins, grandfather?”
- Softly but confidently, the wise old chief looked his grandson in the eyes and responded: “The one you feed.”
Another dynamite episode:
In this week's message, Brandon uses the phrase "heart of the matter" and the word "forgiveness". Not right together, mind you, but more than once each in the sermon.
Coincidence? I think not.
IN-N-OUT of LOVE - Part 2 from Keystone Church on Vimeo.