- I'm waxing my longboard - I think the tide surge will be at Burleson by 4:00 p.m.
- Right after lunch, I think I'll head to Cabela's or Bass Pro to get a pontoon houseboat.
- Can you believe the left's nitwittery in the wake of the President's Paris pull-out?
- California's Governor Moonbeam vows that his state will honor the Paris accord, and that he is planning a new beachfront Governor's Cabin on Mount Whitney. On the plus side: Southern California's water woes will be gone.
- Rather than just listening to idiot talking heads and celebrities' opinions, I decided to go to the source regarding the Paris accord:
- Highlights mine. The paragraph is the second of Essential Elements of the U.N. document describing the FOCU. Note the sidebar entry on the left titled Climate Finance. It describes the mega-bureaucracy to be created to transfer wealth from - can you guess who? - to...well, based on the current U.N. model, we can pretty safely assume that little or none of it would ever be constructively employed in mitigating any climate issues, real or imagined.
- The reason that world leaders are pissing and moaning about this action, is that the U.S. has, in one stroke, signaled that it will not strait-jacket its economy while simultaneously providing a huge piggy bank to tin-pot dictators and globalist bureaucrats.
- Fun irony: The former POTUS criticizing the action. If the former's action had been ratified by the Congress, instead of executive fiat, the current POTUS could not have singlehandedly withdrawn it. (IMO, even though I hold Congress in low esteem, I still think they'd have had the sense to reject this albatross, which is why the arrogant former POTUS joined by EO.)
- And speaking of the Congress, the circus blogger suggests that Texas might be better served by a full-time legislature, apparently because that model seems to be working so well for the U.S.
- Every time I mow, I murder more than a dozen fledgling oak trees, formed from my ADD [hey, look, a human!] squirrels forgetting where they left their nuts.
- New Orleans recently removed several old statues because they were 'racist', honoring War-Between-the-States/Civil War figures. Now emboldened, the progenitors of such actions are now demanding that LSU remove the obviously racist tiger as its mascot.
- And the brain-eating amoebas seem to be emigrating west to Texas. Houston activists - or community organizers or whatever - are demanding removal of a statue of Sam Houston in that city. Hoss, this *stuff* is about to get real. This is Texas - you don't spit into the wind, unmask Clayton Moore, or *mess* with Sam Houston. Editor's update: The supposed protest action may have been fake news.
- Which President was governor of two different states? One of my favorite trivia questions.
Embroidered back of a shirt I got recently for 25¢ - 'selfie-ing' over the shoulder is difficult.
- Don't forget to Keep Austin We...irr...[bubble]...rr...[bubble]...