- The other day I made a Juggalo reference over at ComKev's blog. Later I found this:
Maybe he can wield a Presidential hatchet instead of a gavel.
- I had kinda used the Juggalo bit as a throwaway gag, but it got me to wondering what actually animates the Dark Carnival. I found this article. While it may espouse some opinions I don't share, it offered some interesting insights.
- It was recently suggested to me that men who voted for DJT/against HRC did so because "she represented the brainy/wonky/nerdy girl in high school or college who had rejected their advances." I can't necessarily disprove that, but I do know lots of people - including men - who voted against HRC, and none has offered even a hint that they were motivated in that fashion. I also know many liberals, some of whom specifically stated they were voting for HRC solely because she could be the first female President.
- The lawyer blogger is hopped up on the notion of the new administration unraveling. Although he may ultimately be correct, I'm not convinced. To me, it appears to be the inevitable growing pains when the opposition party takes office. Given that much of this administration comes from outside of government, I think it's to be expected. To make sure I wasn't being hypocritical, I went back and checked my posts from 2008 (both pre- and post-election day) and found only a half-dozen mild references to BHO out of 53 posts.
- I think I've made clear before that I'm not a DJT fan, but in the main, I'm not troubled by his track record thus far, with these exceptions:
- He should lose his penchant for Twitter.
- If he [DJT] actually supports widespread asset forfeiture/confiscation, he is wrong. (So far, this doesn't seem to be any more than a random remark, not an action item, but if he takes a position supporting or expanding CAF, it would be very disappointing.)
- Intel has announced, and the WH has of course glommed onto, plans to build a $7 billion chip plant in Arizona. Being an oldster, I thought of this. Then, this happened. A decade later, the property was sold to be replatted.
- It's been interesting - and somewhat surprising to me - to see the degree to which the Left seems to be losing its senses. After generations of attempting to connect and portray the GOP as KKK sympathizers (when historically the organization was a Democratic outgrowth), modern leftists are adopting similar tactics by donning masks and disguising clothing while creating mayhem and violence.
- I don't think I'd ever seen anything before about wine being vinted in underground cisterns:
It's said to be lined with beeswax
- I saw this car pull up while I was walking across the home center parking lot:
No, he didn't have any. Yes, I asked him.