- Maybe because of the Carson monologues, circa mid-'70s through the early '90s, that I've been watching since the beginning of the year, I feel like reading my observations of the body politic like nightly cue cards.
- Will this be the last Presidential campaign of the United States? I'm not sure there's a competent candidate in the bunch.
- Unfortunately for us, the Texas primaries are next week, so we'll be bombarded with TV ads over the weekend. I'm glad I dropped my landline years ago, elsewise I'd be getting all of the political calls.
- Can Trump get any crazier? This guy would embarrass P. T. Barnum.
- There seems to be absolutely no substance in any of the debates, just shout-fests. No wonder Romney has held back from endorsing any candidate.
- Of course, it may be just a reflection of the culture - or lack of same - of the nation. Perhaps 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is no longer a revered and respected address. One recent resident used the oval office like a pimped porta-potty at Mardi Gras, and according to a PBS commercial I saw earlier this evening, the current denizen has turned the East Room into the Dexter Lake Club.
- I actually saw my first Carnac skit in decades this past week. I don't think it was one of Carson's better ones - he seemed to be rushing through them.
Bummin', New-Orleans style
3 hours ago