Friday, July 25, 2008

And Who Hasn't Been Here?

Today's headlines tell us of a man, who, in a fit of pique because his lawmower wouldn't start, http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=3656, exercised his Second Amendment rights on the balky yard machine. Considering the behaviour bizarre, a neighbour called authorities. After treating the 56 year old Irish-American male, Mr. Rick O'Shay, for minor wounds caused by bouncing bullet fragments, paramedics released the man to police custody. As of press time, the man was still at the County Jail, waiting to be retreived by his relatives, Nick Nolte and Glen Campbell.

I've never fired a shot in anger at a power tool, or even a kitchen appliance, but I can understand the man's frustration. Maybe we should just call this a case of 'Taurus Triumphant Over Toro'.

1 comment:

todd said...

I've thrown my weedeater before and I think my tiller died of loneliness.