- Great to finally get a couple of decent weather days this week!
- Oldest son invited me to go bowling last Saturday night with his fam. We had a great time, even if I suck at bowling.
Not bowling, but enjoying the light show...
- This week I was occasioned to go to Tyler. Between Canton and Ben Wheeler I saw this sign:
- The photo was found from the internet, as I couldn't snap one at 60 mph.
TD [sternly]: Miss Litella, you were supposed to give your commentary seven minutes ago.
EL: Oh, I'm very sorry, Mr. Ronald. I was talking with Rosanne Rosannadanna in my dressing room...
TD [annoyed]: Actually, it's Mr. Donald, Miss Litella. I guess it's always something, isn't it? Please, give your commentary.
EL: Well, I just wanted to comment about the Little Hope Baptist Church.
TD: Yes, what about it?
EL: Why bother?
TD: Why bother what?
EL: I just don't see the point of going to the Baptist Church if there's little ho...
TD [interrupting]: Miss Litella, Little Hope is a 19th century farming community in East Texas. It's in the same county where former California Assembly Speaker and San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown was bo...
EL: But, shouldn't there be some chance of redemption?
TD: He's a Democrat and a Californian now - I'm not sure Willie Brown can be redeemed.
EL: No, I mean the parishoners at Little Hope Church. I think they need some kind of encouragement to keep them going.
TD: Yes, yes, of course, but the name is for the community, not that they're any less optimistic or faithful in their beliefs.
EL: Oh...I see. Well that's different. Never mind...
TD: Thank you, Miss Litella. Good night.
EL [unexpectedly returning to the commentary desk]: Mr. Ronald, will you be sure to tell Todd that Lisa Loopner said hello?
TD [exasperated]: Of course, Miss Litella, I'll forward the message. And now for our next story...
Resume regular blogposting.
- This is similar to the motorcycle I had in high school:
It'd be a bit underpowered for me now,
but it was fun back then.
- With all the animal rights groups and sensitivity these days, this guy gets fired?
- ComKev wrote recently about vandals marking up a limestone outcropping at Lake Murray. Well, a couple of California-twits have them beat - they thought it would be OK to carve their initials in the Coliseum. No, not the L.A. Coliseum - the old one in Rome. But apparently, Americans aren't alone - some Chinese added their own heiroglyphs to an Egyptian site.
- Dude, you shoulda just got out of there and let it go.
- If you reload .45 ACP, you probably know that some manufacturers have used cases with small primer pockets. I found a few such Blazer cases from some scrounged range brass.
Speer (left), uses the normal Large Pistol Primer
Blazer (right), with Small Pistol Primer pocket
- Ironically, both headstamps were manufactured by the Alliant Techsystems/ATK/CCI/Speer conglomerate, recently re-configured as Vista Outdoor Inc.
- South African doctors have reportedly achieved a successful middle leg transplant, a feat previously attempted, but failed, in China. No wang? Dang! (Maybe they used the wrong dong?) Apparently, the South African's elephant had been a casualty of complications from a botched turtleneck removal. Ouch!
- I pondered recently whether Mineral Wells health elixir was available in my local market. Well, I have my answer, as it is carried in the nearby Albertsons, albeit only in the #3 variety:
It's Alkaline - a couple of shots with some
Famous Grouse, you'll be the Energizer Bunny!
- In Tyler, I saw a Whataburger that's way cooler than any I've seen locally:
Whataburger meets Hard Rock Cafe...
- This would be a cool car to restore, just as a lark:
Well, what else would it be?
- Before crashing the Millennium Falcon into a Putt-Putt, Indiana Jones uncovered a unique Old West artifact:
The original Cowtown Segway,
reportedly unearthed in Hell's Half Acre.
- And lastly, some Germans - fed up with drunks whizzing on their buildings - took corrective measures.