Thursday, November 15, 2018

Yesterday

Well, it's been more than a few yesterdays since I was young.

I'm heartbroken to learn today of the great Mr. Roy Clark's passing. I was blessed to have been introduced to his music as a child, well before he gained wider fame as the co-host of Hee-Haw. Just last week I watched a clip of him making a guest appearance on the TV sit-com version of The Odd Couple, doing a fantastic, riveting performance of Malagueña. At the end of the song, Tony & Jack were clearly spellbound.




I don't believe there was a stringed instrument that Mr. Clark did not master.

Thank you for the great music and memories, Godspeed Mr. Roy Clark!

1 comment:

el chupacabra said...

I still shake my head when I think of my metal-death-vomit friends from years ago laughing at my estimation of Roy as one of the best guitarists who ever lived.