Wednesday, January 2, 2019

No more cloudy days

In about two weeks, it will be three years since the passing of Glenn Lewis Frey. I ran across this tribute, very nicely done, the other day:



Not entirely related, but I also happened upon a post-firing interview with Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, in which he discussed that he and the band have come to a financial settlement in the wake of his dismissal from the group. Given the band's tumultuous roster history, it's not inconceivable (if that word means what I think it means, and I believe it does) that the Mac may - at some future date - once again feature the fingerpicking guitarist.

On this site, and possibly in commentary elsewhere, I have opined about the selected replacement(s) for Mr. Buckingham. Viewing the above performance, I had an epiphany regarding whom I would have chosen had Miss Nicks departed instead. Ms. Crow is certainly familiar with some of the material (Landslide in particular), and has a solid body of her own work. She had allegedly been considered in the past as a replacement for Christine McVie, during the latter's hiatus from the band. Still, the group's creative apogee is represented in 'the five'.

Back to Mr. Frey - here's hoping for clearer skies in 2019:



No comments: