Sunday, July 26, 2020

Don't box me in...


ComKev posted some 'tacticool' glasses recently, promoted by a reality show 'personality'. I saw these recently at the Wally-Warehouse Club store, but didn't buy them.

  • Actually, I suppose these are more 'safety' glasses than sunglasses, but whatevs, right? At about $12-13 for the bunch, it was probably a ppretty good deal. I'd like to shoot clays with the yellow lenses.
  • Hey, idiot,what are you lookin' at? Use the other camera...
 
"Where's that stupid selector button again?"
  • I was going to post a snarky question, wondering whether there was a professional trampoline league. Then I googled it. Turns out, there kinda is. 
  • If you grew up in FW/D in the '60s and '70s. you undoubtedly viewed hundreds of commercials from Sidlinger Trampolines. I believe they were out in Garland, but possibly had other metro locations. In those days, it seems most of the trampolines were rectangular. We didn't have one, but I enjoyed many an hour on those of friends. There was a guy around the corner who had a round one that was submerged into the ground, with just a slight berm around it. He let us kids have access whenever we wanted. Funny, I don't recall him having a wife or kids, but I never heard any untoward stories or rumors, nor do I recall any interaction with us kids.
  • When these go on clearance, I'm getting one:
  •  Ditto:

  •  I don't think the Colt book was written by a real gun guy - at least that was my impression from reading the inner dust jacket. But it looked like it could still be interesting. I had forgotten that Samuel had died a relatively young man, at 47, eleven years before the release of the Single Action Army model of 1873, which starred in countless Western movies and TV shows. I doubt it will happen, but I would love to own a Paterson replica - historical significance because it launched the Colt's Manufacturing, and because the major contract was for the Republic of Texas Navy (1836) - as well as a Colt Walker - a brute of a revolver meant to ride on the pommel of a saddle, and widely considered (albeit with some exceptions) the most powerful handgun from 1847 until the advent of the .357 S&W Magnum in 1935.
  • Moving right along to another big-box store, I need to get these - if for no other reason than voting someone off the island:
  •   Having some fun with a clip-on fisheye lens for my phone:
 
  •  Seen on this evening's bike ride. No fisheye, though he may have just dined on fish:
 
  •  OK, I'm nearly an hour past my budgeted time for this post, and have to wake up early to bid on some Western boots on Ebay...

No comments: