Thursday, October 29, 2020

We've lost another...

 That 2020 has not been a stellar year is not news. Lately, we've lost many of the icons of our time (youth?).

 Actually, I was not acquainted with Billy Joe back in the day, but I was well aware of the movement that he was instrumental in creating. 

Despite having grandparents in farming/ranching, in the early '70s, I wasn't much familiar with country music, outside of some Charley Pride and Roy Clark 8-tracks. Then I heard Good Hearted Woman, which turned me on to a new kind of country sound. Over time, I learned about the groundwork for the outlaw movement that had been laid by the likes of Michael Martin Murphey, [his classmate] Ray Wylie Hubbard, Jerry Jeff Walker, Gary P. Nunn, and Billie Joe Shaver.

This past week, we've lost two of those.


 Mr. Shaver and some whippersnapper, circa 2016.

 In pace requiescat, sir...

12 comments:

TommyBoy said...

Free souls leaving the planet. Headed for the last round-up. Going down the last time. Done sung his song. Checked out. Pushing daisies. Flushed. Processed.

Anonymous said...

Donald, you're some kind of banker-guy, right? What do your masters say about The Reset? Timeline?

Jimmy S.

TommyBoy said...

D -- personal ques: what religion do you follow?

TommyBoy said...

Not a trick question, just curious.

TommyBoy said...

Where you at, man?

an Donalbane said...

Christian, non-denominational.

TommyBoy said...

So, you believe Jesus is the realization of God on Earth which opens the door to belief in an unseen world/dimension parallel and coexistent with this material world? I just can't do it anymore... too much irrationality, hypocrisy, greed, and the progs are out hunting for me. I get it from all sides. Maybe I just got a frail grasp on the big picture... BUT it's enough to prepare for the worst. You have info on the Reset?

an Donalbane said...

Sorry, I'm not managing the reset.

TommyBoy said...

Yes, apparently they just want me to kick back here at the house and post malarky on the interweb.

TommyBoy said...

Y'all got one of them fancy new wave women preachers over there? You know, it takes a holy woman to show a man how to act. When I was preachin' we didn't have no danged women preachers no how no way...

TommyBoy said...

When Godot gets here, I'm throwing a party.

an Donalbane said...

Occasionally, the pastor's wife gives the sermon, but otherwise, no.