Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is this really putting your best foot forward? Or a "High Miles" disclaimer?

For reasons I'm not quite sure I understand, I've not yet un-subscribed from the free interwebs dating service.  I haven't gone on a single date using that service.

Nonetheless, I still get emails notifying me of my latest "matches", and sometimes, possibly from sheer boredom, I check to see exactly who are these women that this e-Yente¹ believes will find romantic bliss with me.  As.  If.

This one has shown up on the list from time to time, and each time I get a chuckle from the unfortunate break, where the sales pitch cuts off and you have to click to read the rest of it:


Hi : )

In my spare time i enjoy spending time with my Family....Cookouts, Going to the movies, Some shopping but not TOO much, watching sports and going out every once in awhile with friends. Im a very laid...

Very laid?   I dunno, seems a bit too forward to me...

¹ Yente, the matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof

3 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Sounds a little a bad. lol

Propagandist said...

So, the problem issss? :-]

I sure don't envy folks who're splashing around in the dating pool. I just seems like there's a lot of stuff out there you don't want to get on ya.

el chupacabra said...

Ha! I can be that one brother. During recent phone conversation a woman I've been getting to know said,"You are intense! I bet you're a good lover. I'm bringing condoms the next time I see you!"
I kid you not.