- Hallelujah! After tomorrow, we will likely not hear the term "deflategate". Or, hopefully, Marshawn Lynch.
- Happened to catch part of the Chris Krok show from the FWSSR the other day as he browbeat callers about an Imam giving a Muslim prayer before a rodeo performance. One dude who called in self identified as Muslim, been here over 20 years, said he had enjoyed the rodeo for years.
- The radio host proceeded to grill him, asking him to name boot brands and hat brands. I understand that he was trying to make sure the guy wasn't a 'plant', but it came off as pretty insulting.
- A few callers later, he had a similar exchange with a guy who was from Israel.
- It may be a fair question to wonder why the SSR organizers thought it would be a good thing to have a Muslim invocation, inasmuch as that's not, presumably, a significant demographic for them. But I suspect the answer is that, like any good wingshot, they're trying to 'lead the target', and reach out/expand the brand, to new markets. And I'm not sure that should be considered a bad thing.
- In any event, the broadcaster didn't make a very compelling case for his anger at the FWSSR's action.
- I like these:
Wonder if I can get them for cheap when RS goes out of business?
- On this wet, coolish Saturday, there are presently about 200+ little brass gems - of the proper diameter - rollin', rollin', rollin' around in the vibratory case cleaner. ;-)
- There's no worker bee like the American worker bee:
Like, do they have their own union?
- Space Pens - all the cool kids have them. Don't they?
No, Dad, I don't want your autograph...
- The Lt. Gov. has indicated that open carry may not pass this session. A very good friend of mine, who is not a 'gun nut' by any definition (I think he once told me he had a .22 rifle), but who has been an avid legislature junkie for 25+ years, told me in an email: "If gun rights supporters can’t get what they want from this legislature, then they’re just too damn stupid to be carrying guns, driving cars, or doing anything else that requires a lick of sense." Ouch!
- My own opinion is that 2A supporters are not stupid at all, but we've presently got some self-appointed 'helpers' who most assuredly are. One hopes that the statewide OC group persuades the Arlington/OCTC group to let the adults handle this issue.
- The State Rep. from Muenster is getting some good PR from making a batch of "I'm Poncho" buttons - a reference to the Democrat Rep who was bullied by the aforementioned goofies. The Republican Rep. is apparently in favor of a version of OC, but not the tactics of the Arlington dude and his cadre.
- I wholeheartedly agree.
- Custom made by hand with care, in small batches, in Texas, with my dog by my feet, and allegiance to God, Bob Wills, and Sam Houston: