Sunday, November 19, 2017

But this is a pretty song

I just couldn't let Tommy post some WZ over on his blog without posting a Zevon song myself:



I'm aware of a couple of Warren's versions, one of which is pretty good - the other not so much, and then I came across this one by Mr. Browne. Still, with  respect to the late Mr. Zevon and to Jackson, the definitive version is, of course, Lovely Linda's with Henley singing harmony. Disclaimer: Linda's HDtW album has been a favorite of mine for 40 years.

3 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Dang- I never heard that before! Pretty good.

Jeffrey said...

That's what I'm talking about!

an Donalbane said...

Though I'm a huge JB fan, he doesn't really do the song justice, but David Lindley's guitar work is awesome. If they could just combine Linda, Don, & David on this, it would be great!