Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday wonderings


  •  Ford is recalling over a million cars due to the steering wheels coming off.

Race cars have been doing this for years...
  • Whoa, Toto!
  • It's reported today that high school students are taking the streets to protest gun violence.  I hope the streets start obeying the laws.
  • This isn't your father's.
  • Oldest son forwarded this to me:
  • About three years ago, I spent four days on a murder trial jury. Last month, I received a jury summons - I thought my prior service would exempt me, but it was too far back. So, I went to the Central Jury Room in the nearby large town, thinking perhaps I'd not get chosen. However, there were few people there that day, and not only was I selected for a jury pool, but with a low number, I was also picked for a jury.
  • As it happened, the trial lasted three days. 
  • Where is that Flex-Tape?
That's at least a 3 roll repair...
  •  Back to steering wheels, this one seems a bit complicated:

 There's a lot going on there...
  • I have an arsenal of recurve archery bows, and one assault (compound) bow. Only the compound and one of the recurves have strings, but that is soon to change as I have ordered a new string for my Bear Kodiak bow. My Pinto will have to wait - it's the longest (66" AMO), almost a longbow.
  • In the ongoing whack-a-mole that is the HRC blame game tour, the failed 2016 Presidential contender has now blamed misogynist white men and their wives for her defeat, while accusing the same of opposing black progress, and resenting women and Indian-Americans in the workplace. My rough calculation is that the former State Secretary has now blamed about 75% of the American population for her defeat. Yet she still believes she's relevant.

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Murder trial?! I might have missed you talking about that.

an Donalbane said...

I went back and looked...I don't think I wrote about it.

LSS, revived cold case, man with history of [documented] domestic abuse abuses GF. She marries him anyway, abuse continues. She leaves him, but returns (!). More abuse. Man strangles woman, concocts alibi story about crackheads doing home invasion. 40 years. Last I checked was in a TDCJ unit near Amarillo.