Friday, April 6, 2018

Funky Friday


  • I thought I would run a few errands this afternoon, then mow the grass before darkfall.  The rain dashed my plans.
  • Picked up some interesting CDs at the resale for cheap: Emmylou Harris' Duets, a two disc 60's folk music sampler (it has 30 songs - The Kingston Trio and The Brothers Four each got two songs), Whiskey Folk Ramblers - a local alt-country band, Undertakin' Daddies - from Canada, and one of those background sound discs of loons (yeah, like from On Golden Pond).
  • A few weeks ago, I cleared my schedule for tomorrow. Now, I have no recollection why. 
  • Dude, rollover:
This might be Matthew Perry, though...
  • The above was seen at The Old Home Supply. They had three busts of Elvis. Inasmuch as they have buiidings on all four corners of the intersection, and each bust was in a separate building, no normal person would have noticed. Ah, but I'm very observant...and not your average bear.
  • Henley does this Billy Sherrill song on his Cass County CD. Tonight, I learned that Emmylou had recorded it on her first album:

  • Last week/end I spent three nights sleeping outdoors: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It was kinda warm the first night, chilly the second (and Sienna was restless). I sleep comfortably under the stars, but Monday night the wind blew a bunch of tree fuzzies onto my sleeping bag and pillow.  😒
The moon rises also...
  • Daughter and I had dinner at the church Wednesday night. Breakfast for dinner. I was served by a twentysomething chick who gave me two pieces of bacon. Teen daughter was served by a teen dude...who gave her six pieces. What the heck? Luckily, she shared with me. I probably only eat bacon 2-3 times a year. It was delicious.
Mmm, bacon...
  • I wonder if I can set up a GoFundMe account for one of these:
I like the dark finish, but the 6-7/8" fluted bbl in stainless is probably better.
  • For Easter, I gave daughter a yuge stuffed Easter Bunny, with a gimme knapsack with scented soap and some perfume she wanted.  The bunny, with its ears extended, is taller than me. Wednesday night, she told me she'd named it...Harvey.
  • Well played.  I showed her this portrait of the pookah and me:

Me and Harvey, circa 1991.

1 comment:

Bear said...

I have a Ruger Mark II that is one of the most accurate 22s I have ever shot. You will like the Mark IV.