Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Next attraction, please!


With peanut shells still waiting to be swept from their last engagement, anyone want to wager how long the Democrats will take to start new impeachment proceedings?

In many endeavors in life, people engage in some form of Socratic reflection following a major event. In sports, athletes and coaches watch game films. In the theater, the director gives notes. Military or business leaders get after action reviews/reports. Movie directors review rush prints of footage shot. But I get the impression that the anarchists who control the House of Representatives have little such self-awareness, and - apropos to their party mascot - will continue their incessant braying that the President must be removed from office.

In the words of [ironically] Pete Seeger: When will they ever learn?



3 comments:

TommyBoy said...

Yes, amidst arrests and more accusations of treason, we are sure to hear the protestations of the apparently dwindling Progressive Party. I was highly entertained during the Clinton years, but nothing like this.

On a lighter note (or heavier in one sense) I saw ELP in concert and heard Karn Evil No. 9 live. They rocked the house. Thanks for posting -- you had me jumping around the house at max volume.

an Donalbane said...

When I was working at my first job, a co-worker of mine (combination stoner/gearhead) told me about going to see them (circa '76-77) and also said it was awesome, and described the extended synth and drum solos. At that time, I had an underdeveloped appreciation for prog rock, which I've chipped away at over the years.

Was KE using the flying piano in that show?

TommyBoy said...

Not only was KE airborne, somehow he and the piano did a mid-air loop (no kidding). I was a big Yes fan as well. King Crimson was another.