Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Wolves



Kev's recent post reminded me of this image that oldest son someone recently sent me, except that it said both were 'retarded'. I checked the interwebs for that meme, but inasmuch as the term 'retarded' is now verboten in polite society, it's apparently been purged from the searchable images. So, the Republic is now safe from 'hurtful' words, although I think one can probably still get all the deviant pron one's perverted mind desires. 

Weird, huh?

EDIT: OK, I checked my texts and found the 'original' image that was sent to me. WARNING - The verbal content attached to the image may be too intense for sensitive types. If you are easily offended by once commonplace words, PLEASE NAVIGATE AWAY NOW.



My purpose in this post is not to make light of persons with actual mental challenges. I believe that such individuals should be treated with dignity and compassion. I don't particularly believe it requires that we expunge the "r-word" (as 'woke' types refer to it) when referencing people who, ostensibly possessing normal reasoning faculties, by gross stupidity or inattention, choose not to inconvenience a single grey matter cell when speaking or making what many of us might consider important decisions. It seems a growing segment of our populace would be aghast at using the dreaded 'r-word', yet have no compunction whatever at labeling any with whom they disagree as 'Nazis'.

(Edit #2: I sent the top meme (concerning the RDA of internalized canis lupi) to oldest son the person who sent me the second meme, who responded thusly: "My two wolves are retarded and I embrace them.")


No comments: