Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blue Plate Specials!

  • Somewhere today, near lunchtime, my colleague spotted a magnetic sign "Ask About Our $5 Lunch Specials!"
  • The sign adorned a small dumpster in front of a restaurant.
  • Pass.
  • We instead chose the Railhead BBQ in Willow Park.  Best brisket I've had in a long time - melts in your mouth.
  • An employee had on a shirt that, on the back, said "Life is too short to live in Southlake".
  • I liked that.
  • However, in fairness, and as one not often given to complimenting the Dragon city, I have to give them props for their Teen Court program.  One-of-the-family-members-who-is-a-teenager [ahem!] was, uh, recently introduced to the program, and so far I'm quite impressed by the way that it's run.
  • I used to office in Southlake Town Square.
  • Their new DPS/Courts building is super impressive also, though that's not surprising, being on the periphery of SLTS.
  • The weather today could not have been any better.
  • I'm not Baptist, but, if I didn't already have some plans, would attend Runaway Bay Baptist Church this Sunday.  I hear they have a really good interim interim Pastor. 
  • Yeah, I used the word 'interim' twice.
  • On purpose.
  • I've heard him preach before at Lake Worth BC.  I guess he specializes in Lake towns...

7 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Do you live or office close to the intersection of Precinct Line Road and Grapevine Highway?

an Donalbane said...

Familiar with the intersection, but I live about 10 miles from there. Have never worked in Hurst.

an Donalbane said...

Hey, whaddya know...there's a fitness center there, near the Kohl's and Kroger and Rockfish and such...

(I'm assuming the Rockfish is still there, haven't eaten at that one in a few years.)

Where's the fitness center from the carwash with the plants growing out of the trunk of the Mercedes roadster?

an Donalbane said...

Ah, answered my own question. Looks like right next door, per Bing maps birdseye view.

If memory serves, the building to the south is a teacher supply store?

YM said...

Railhead BBQ is great. I like the live music on the patio on summer nights.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Yep, it's our new location, 4 Minute Fitness.

http://www.4minutelifesaver.com/

Do you charge for commercials?

todd said...

Yes, I've heard that guy preach before too. He's not much to look at and sounds like a hillbilly but he means well.