Friday, December 31, 2010

Winding it Down


  • Recently, Chalupa Cabrito asked the question, "Do snakes have faces?"  I commented on his post that of course they do.  Here are the faces of seven snakes:

Zoom in to see fang details.
  • I think the gray faces are just primed, and I don't remember why the second and third from the left don't have their proper yarmulkes.
  • On last evening's post, I extolled the virtue of the .41 Remington Magnum.  Here is a proper specimen:
Background: Oldest son's first deer
  • The trigger shoe is from Herter's.  I used to love to read their catalogs.
  • After three nights indoors, I got bit by the bug to sleep outdoors again last night.  No, not from having written about it - there was just a great alluring breeze outside when I let the dog out, and I was captivated.
  • At 4:02 this morning, the raindrops forced me back inside, but it was kinda funny how they'd already worked their way into my dream.
  • I made a huge batch of chicken & turkey chili, using fresh jalapeño, serrano, bell, and a small pepper from a plant my mother gave me.  Also a batch of spaghetti sauce with some of the same.
  • There was a long line of cars around the Wal-Mart today, and the checkout lines were insane.  You'd think they were giving away free nookie.
  • I don't know what that means.
  • I bought some 8 oz. Coors Lights to make red beer with.
  • Also stopped by the ALDI.  Even though I've established several kitchen staples that I can buy economically there, I am not convinced of their long-term viability.
  • Almost every item in ALDI is a store brand.  The only recognized national brands I've seen so far are: Pringles, Earl Campbell Hot Links, and Armour...lard.  Lard?  Yeah, you wanna be sure your lard is of the highest quality, right?
  • 10# sack of Russet potatoes for 99¢.  Guess that means hash browns for breakfast. Or omelettes.
  • But no beer at the ALDI.  A German store, without BierWas ist los?
  • They won't last.
  • I stepped out earlier and was about to set up my sleeping bag arrangement, but realized that Sienna would get freaked out by the fireworks - so it's indoors tonight.
  • Watched the last half-hour of Wild Hogs, then one of the Left Behind movies.
  • In this episode, Kirk Cameron's character gets married.  The minister, Bruce Barnes (played by Clarence Gilyard Jr.- James "Jimmy" Trivette from Walker, Texas Ranger - in the first two movies), quotes heavily from 1 Corinthians 13.
  • That Shakespeare dude also borrowed heavily from the same chapter in his, uh, Sonnet, um, 116.
  • Maybe in 2011 I will find a woman who understands and believes in that kind of thing.
  • Happy New Year!



6 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

I believe that special woman exists for you. I don't believe that you don't know what "nookie" means. Methinks that thou protests too much. lol

JAY said...

HAI.... my name ellen, I am just started bloging last month... maybe I will asking u many thing... how to do this n that..... tq

oh ya.... are u on trip or jurney on this holiday???

sorry for missrab english grammar...

am an Indonesian

an Donalbane said...

OK, Questions, I'm busted. But maybe it would've been accurate to say I've forgotten what it means...

YM said...

We chose 1 Corinthians 13 to be read at our wedding. I'm not sure either of us realized its true meaning at the time, and at least one of us never did come to a full realization its meaning.

I hope the new year has you finding her.

an Donalbane said...

Thanks, My Queen! Whether it happens or not, who knows. But, according to the Divorce Care class, I can at least begin to consider the possibility this year.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Donald and YM,

What Satan intends for evil, God will turn to good to those called according to His purpose. Good stuff is in both of your futures.