Thursday, March 31, 2011

Amusements

Today was a beautiful day to be cruising around the countryside, watching the wildlife.

I interrupted this guy's brunch, somewhere near Garner (or at least near Garner Road if there's not really a Garner):



Then later, near Peaster (as in: "I used ta have a wife, but I guess I Peaster off.") I saw a pair of deer running across the country lane about 200 yards ahead.  I reached for my camera, but was too late.

From the other direction, a FedEx delivery truck had stopped for the deer.  Well, one of the deer was indecisive. and slipped and fell smack dab on the slick asphalt.  He, or she, got up, looked around, shrugged it off, ran a few yards and made a flying leap over the fence that would've made a broad jumper proud.  Heck, even I would've been proud, and [in Groucho Marx voice] I haven't jumped a broad in years!

Besides Dairy Queen, here's what I like about Texas:


OK, this next has nothing to do with wildlife, or Texana.  Just a little friendly D-I-Y tip to my amigos in the Northside area:  If you're gonna use a faux stone building material, it will look tons less fake and a heckuva lot better if you randomize the pattern, by, say, turning each panel 90° before you attach it to the substrate. 


I know it sounds loco - can you believe you're getting construction advice from a gringo?

Dewey, you can ignore half of that last bit.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Donald, you've made it big......;-)