Saturday, March 26, 2011

And now, for another kind of Diamond...

Last evening, I had the honor of accepting an invitation to dine, along with fellow rake Dewey, at the home of Todd the Blogger.  Mr. the Blogger treated us to chips and dip, steak and shrimp, corn, okra, and a dessert of freshly made rice crispy treats.  All delicious.

Well, I would say 'rice crispy treats', as though they were allowed to cool and cut into neat little squares or something.  But at the Blogger house, they were served in a large mass on a sheet of wax paper, from which we simply grabbed a small handful at a time.  I think he's onto something here.

Somewhere along the way, the conversation turned to the fairer gender.  We opined and speculated.  The spouse-less among us (the host and I), expressed the difficulty we expected in trying to trust again, should the opportunity again present.

Nonetheless, this afternoon I received an email from Costco, with such an incredible savings offer, that I'm thinking I should just head on down to Cowboys in Arlington and pick out a fair young filly¹, just so I don't miss out. Costco, would you believe, is offering a 6.77 carat diamond engagement ring, for the deeply discounted price (about 38% less than the IGI appraisal!) of $1 million.


Trouble is, I'm gonna have to act fast - there's only one available at this price...don't you dare try to get it before I do.

¹ OK, I might not be that choosy.  I might entertain an attractive, well-maintained, fit, heifer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you putting the cart before it hatches, or counting your chick(ens) befores she's a horse???

Dew

Anonymous said...

Yeah, move over homes- I think I saw it first...

Kev.

todd said...

You were lucky to get the wax paper.