Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nuclear Polka

I almost wrote Polak instead of Polka - Chupacabra, is there a treatment for the dysexlia?  And, were there nuclear Polaks in Spies Like Us?

Daughter and I just got home from seeing, as the title suggests, Brave Combo.  I mean, are there other bands who self-identify as Nuclear Polka?


We missed probably the first half of the [outdoor] show because we went after church to the Aldi and Academy (to get some Birchwood-Casey Shoot-N-See target spots - while there, daughter asked if we could hunt feral hogs sometime - I love that girl!), but still had a great time.  Sienna joined us (daughter's idea, but she loves to get out among people, and is well-behaved), and we also enjoyed a snow cone (daughter and I - not the dog).

I've seen this band, from the hometown of my alma mater, a couple of times before, and these guys really know how to jam/improvise.  A couple of the evening's highlights: A mashup of Peter Gunn/Mission Impossible/Batman [TV theme], and later, a medley of Over the Rainbow/Beer Barrel Polka.

It is nice to be back in the A/C though.

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Dude, I think that's actually Freudian slip...
Oddly I've heard BNC play the Batman theme.

an Donalbane said...

Chup - Possibly, I think the concert put me in a most excellent Frood dude mood.