Over the past month, on those boring Saturday nights, I've caught bits and pieces of Cheaters on some fly-by-night UHF station. Now, for all I know, the show, ostensibly ratting out the unfaithful, may have as much reality to it as a WWF event. I do know that I could pretty much script and block an episode in about two minutes:
- Meet with aggrieved party/client.
- Follow alleged cheater.
- Meet again with client, prepare for the reveal, ask the client what he/she is feeling.
- Execute the confrontation: "You're a f------ -----!" "F--- you!" "Why the f--- are you doing this?!" "No, f--- you!" "F--- you first!" "F--- you twice!" "Oh yeah? F--- you times infinity!"
- Attempt to isolate and interview the alleged cheater, while f-bombs explode all around.
- Insist that client tell you what they're 'feeling' and request for them to wax philosophical on their newfound knowledge.
- End of episode.
It never occurred for me to engage a private eye back in the day. And although mine eyes have been opened in some ways, I guess this song pretty much sums up my philosophical musing:
Hasten down the wind...