Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

So much news.

  • The circus blogger frequently speaks of 'idiocracy'. 
  • I prefer the term 'idiocy'.
  • Either way, we seem to have a bunch of it going on.
  • Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth.  Not to mention Baltimore.
  • Keith over at Bag of Nothing already posted about Yale, but apparently Harvard tried to arm its wee little minds with talking points so that they could tell their backwards parents out in the hinterlands how to be more sensitive, inclusive, and diverse.  
  • In the name of social justice.
  • Fail.
  • The good news, for now, is that the BLM agitators are learning that they can't just round up a half-dozen cops and put them all away because they're mad at 'the system'.  Officer Porter may yet get convicted in a subsequent trial, but the inauspicious start of having a deadlock on all four counts does not seem to bode well for those using the courts for their political purposes.
  • The Yale exercise about repealing the 1A reminded me of a Watters' World bit.
  • Is it true this guy wants to be a District Attorney?

    • Just kidding.
    • I watched some M*A*S*H episodes last night.  I much prefer the Col. Potter era to the Henry Blake/Frank Burns episodes.  Blake's character was simply uninteresting, but Burns' was outright annoying.  Wayne Rogers' Trapper John was a very good character, and he would have fit in either era, but I can understand Rogers' frustration with Trapper's role being subordinated to Alda's Hawkeye.
    • Side note: It was cool to see Alan Alda in The Last Ride.  I thought it was a good movie, even if I did have to cover daughter's eyes when Scott Eastwood bagged the hot chick.  I had the plot resolved about 30-35 minutes before the end, and even surmised the deus ex machina about a minute before it was revealed.
    • Also caught a couple of rounds of To Tell the Truth, this episode with Ralph Bellamy, Betty White, Johnny Carson, and, of course, Kitty Carlisle.  Decades before they were Randolph and Mortimer Duke on Trading Places, Bellamy and Don Ameche were panelists on the game show.
    • For about an hour this evening, the theme song from Texas Country Reporter played in my head.  I have no idea why.
    • There seems no way to avoid the Star Wars merchandising effect under the Disney regime.  Wal-Mart, Kohl's, Aldi, Kroger - everyone's in on it.  
    • Daughter and I attended a Christmas party last weekend at the home of a former colleague.  In the Chinese gift exchange, I received a super soft Star Wars throw/lap blanket.  Since I was #18 of  21, it was not stolen from me.
    • At least not until the drive home.  ;-)

    No comments: