Monday, March 9, 2009

Barry-O, Spot Me $565,000

Mr. President, I know we're in a serious pickle here, we've got a crisis of confidence going on, a 'malaise' in the words of one of your party's elders. A lot of folks are concerned and hurting out here, and I know you have a plan to deal with all of our issues, and treat our pain, to invoke another of your comrades.

Anyway, I think it's just great that you're going to pay off everyones' mortgages. And, I hate to assume too much, but, you know, we've also got to have transportation, and I've heard you're considering something along those lines also. Hey, we've gotta have some way to get to those Beyoncé concerts, right?

You're obviously a successful guy. Worked hard on the gritty streets of Oahu. Managed to claw your way up in Illinois politics without waking up dead in Lake Michigan. You know the importance of projecting confidence.

So, in order to kind of jump start our economic recovery, I thought maybe you could approve this small request. Again, I think you understand it's important for us to hold our heads high and sneer at stuff like the stock market crashing, in order for us to move boldly toward Utopia.

For my automobile, please favorably consider the Maybach Zeppelin. At
$565K, I know it's a tad pricey, but still less than the $700K cap on mortgages, so you can see, I'm trying to do my part. Also, don't bother with providing a driver - I want to be a 'salt of the earth' kind of guy and do my own driving.

You can have Mr. Emmanuel call me when my car is ready to be picked up.


Oh, and be sure to say 'hi' to Hugo and Fidel, and the ghosts of Karl, Vlad, Leon, Joe and Mao. You guys are a hoot!

4 comments:

todd said...

Is that Zeppelin the color of Led?

an Donalbane said...

Yes, and you should see the Kashmir-lined trunk...you gotta give credit to the engineers and designers at Daimler, for deciding What is and What Should Never Be.

Over spring break, I'm thinking about a road trip. Going to California, I think. Got to remember to take my cellphone charger so I don't have a Communication Breakdown.

You know, when she left, it was a Heartbreaker, left me Dazed and Confused. In the Evening I'd sit like a Fool in the Rain, just never could convince her she had All My Love.

Well, I'd better stop now, I guess I tend to Ramble On. You know me, The Song Remains the Same. If the car gives out on the way back, I'm Gonna Crawl back to Texas.


Yeah, I suppose it's unfortunate that my CD collection is mere feet from the computer...

Don Dodson said...

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

an Donalbane said...

Thanks to Todd and D² for running with the Zeppelin comments. I had initially intended the post to be a commentary on the blandness of the Maybach sedan, and then thought of suggesting that our country's Commander-In-Chief deserved a Zeppelin of his own (insert Hindenburg photo at Lakehurst here). But the project took a different turn.

Based on the initial premise, however, I was hoping one of my astute readers would point out that the second image is not the Maybach, but a Hyundai Genesis...