Sunday, March 22, 2009

Left Be-

The cool breeze was blowing, the weekend was coming to an end, and my dog had that plaintive look indicating she wanted to go for a run.

I am not a runner.

But, I do enjoy bike riding, so it's our practice for the quadruped to run alongside me, the velocipedist. I hold her leash loosely - in the event she balks, I can ditch it without wiping out. So far it's not been a problem.

This evening was interesting because, despite the perfect weather, the bike trail was, eerily, nearly deserted. We had covered the better part of 3/4 mile before passing any other trail users.

The quiet was almost unnerving. It reminded me of the Left Behind series.

If it was the Apocalypse, I would've hoped to be one of the missing...

Maybe everyone else was watching college basketball?

2 comments:

todd said...

This biped was watching anything but basketball.

Anonymous said...

Teach your dog to ride a bike!

Dew