Friday, March 27, 2009

Old School Conservatism

I was fortunate to have lunch today with an old friend I hadn't seen in about 8 years.

He came to lunch in jeans and a t-shirt.

Unlike some of the fashionable t-shirts bearing the likeness of Ché or Chairman Mao, my friend's had the visage of Ronald Wilson Reagan, and the caption: Old School Conservative.




See, we can fight back.


(we'd better...)

Edit: I added the image of the t-shirt. I hope my intention was not misunderstood - I was tickled to see my friend wearing this shirt, as I am a huge fan of the 40th president. I am critical of the Ché, Mao, and Obama shirts.

4 comments:

Denney Crane said...

There are worse things...

an Donalbane said...

I added an edit in case my support of RWR was vague in the original post.

Don Dodson said...

We are thinking along the same lines. Yesterday I ordered this shirt.

David H said...

Clearly my favorite president as well. Some of RR's comments were nothing short of prophetic, we could use a huge dose of him now.