Friday, September 25, 2009

The Dalton Gang

On another blog recently, a picture depicts a woman in a bathtub, sporting a pink-stocked Ruger 10-22 with a banana clip magazine, a small child, and a dog with a bad case of split ends.

Now, I can't recall ever staging such a pose, nor would I, but I do have to admit that I've thought of getting my buds together to pose as outlaw hombres, such as the Dalton Gang, below:



Dalton Gang - October 5, 1892

Admittedly, my interest in the Dalton story was sparked by the 1972 Eagles' album Desperado, coupled with the notion that the actions that led to their demise occurred about 20 miles from my birthplace.

On the ground: The Eagles, flanked by Jackson Browne (l), and John David Souther (r)

Only in researching for this post did I find that the album's cover pictures were simply stills from a mini-movie or video shot for concert footage: Note - Some language at the end.


4 comments:

todd said...

At least I've heard of the Eagles.

todd said...

"Alright Daltons, let's synchronize our watches. We gotta get up at 4:00."

an Donalbane said...

I liked that...

Unknown said...

ITS BILL POWERS.NOT POWER MY UNCLE WAS NAMED AFTER HIM.AND OWNED THE HISTORIC WAMPLERS LAKE PAVILION.BEFORE THAT HE OWNED A HONKEY TAUNK BAR.HEART OF THE HILLS DIRECTLY ACROSS MICHIGAN AVE.AND THE STAGECOACH CITY