Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shifting gears...

OK, most of my posts of late have been smart-alecky bits of silliness. Here's something different.

This I lifted from "That Dude", regarding a woman in Missouri who was inconvenienced by a fallen soldier's funeral procession during rush hour traffic, and wrote to the Sheriff to make a complaint. The text of her email, and the Sheriff's response, are included with the article.

What I like about this is the response, which easily enough could have gotten into a flaming pi$$ing contest. But instead the Sheriff answered the misguided woman in measured tones.

Judge for yourself.

2 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

WOW.... As I sit here at work, keeping my guys safe on the roads, I have tears streaming down my face after reading this email and the Sheriff's response......Thank you so much for posting this. I wish I knew how to "steal" it and put it up at my blog! RIP Mr. Woods !(I salute you)

el chupacabra said...

That womans tirade proves more than anything we have way too much time on our hands, a total sense of complacency and no respect whatsoever for the sacrifices that brought us to the point so many of us can be totally complacent and disrespectful.
We will lose this war. We will lose our society.