Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Praying Mantis

Fellow blogger Combat Kevin recently posted an adorable picture of his son Zac with a walking stick insect.

Going through some pictures on my xD card, I found an image from about a year ago of my daughter with a praying mantis.


This child is absolutely fascinated by all manner of things outdoors. Just Saturday, she found, and proudly captured [later released] a garden snake from under a walkway brick. She's also very good at catching the lizards and geckos around the yard.

I am blessed.

3 comments:

todd said...

My mom says she would rather face a hungry lion than a praying mantis. Those Curtis Mantis tv's were darn well worth it, though!

an Donalbane said...

Especially the ones with the built in record player and 8-track tape decks!

Don Dodson said...

A couple of years ago my kids found several praying manti (what is the plural of mantis?). They put two of them in a jar, and watched them in shock as they fought to the bloody death. One tore the other into pieces and ate it.