Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wir haben gesprungen

Well, that, or maybe the aliens have landed [again].


This type of structure is called a sprung.  I don't know if it's a trend, but I seem to be seeing more of them.  Though I'm definitely no expert, they seem to be very versatile and space efficient (no interior load bearing walls).  Acoustics also seem to be very good inside. This one has just been erected near Haslet.  There is another in Argyle, and my friend Todd the Blogger's church has one in south Fort Worth.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they all churches? Or maybe a dancehall?

an Donalbane said...

I guess they could be used for anything...

an Donalbane said...

Turns out these buildings are used for anything and everything - from aircraft hangars to prisons.

Sprung is actually the name of the family that brought these structures to market in the late 1800s.

http://www.sprung.com/en/index.php