Thursday, July 8, 2010

Capernaum in Texas

As I drive around, I usually have a pad of paper to scribble down fleeting thoughts, as well as my camera, on the chance that something interesting for the blog might appear.

Wednesday, just such an opportunity arose.  North of Weatherford, I saw the following sculpture, not exactly the thing you see in the front yards of suburbia.  My curiosity piqued, I had to photograph it.  Moreover, I noticed a sign nearby, something about Capernaum, and I thought it might be related (thus the pad of paper, the better to Google it later).

So, anyway, apparently there's a whole reproduction first century village nearby, the brainchild of Tammy Lane and Theresa Davidson, where Christian film-makers can make movies.

Jesus and cherubim

Apparently, the facility is also used for weddings, anniversaries, team building and other types of get-togethers, though probably not bachelor parties.




2 comments:

todd said...

I have that same statue in my front yard next to the sofa for sale. And when are you going to post the "interesting" stuff? :)

YM said...

I've seen the statue while driving by but had no idea all that other stuff was there.