Thursday, July 15, 2010

There is Hope

News this week of Coppell's Mayor's suicide after killing her adult daughter caused me to briefly consider pointing out that Coppell is next to Grapevine, but the horrible tragedy of the situation made me think better of it.  Other bloggers may ponder the cause and posthumously psychoanalyze the actions, but I'm not sure comprehension is possible.  The best I can offer is a prayer for these women.

Of course, there is still weirdness that, while also tragic, is terribly stupid.  Like the Dallas man who, hoping to gain an edge in a child-custody situation, asked his homeboy to shoot him, and he would claim his baby-momma new old man done it.  Unfortunately, this well conceived plan went awry, as the homeboy's aim was not so good, and instead of a grazing wound, he sustained a fatal one. 

But I pray for the stupid also, inasmuch as many of my best plans have been also, in retrospect, less than brilliant.  And I suppose, snarkiness aside, it's maybe only grace that separates my stupidity from the kind that makes catchy headlines.

As I said, I pray for these.  As well as myself.

There is Hope, and I know His name.

No comments: