Thursday, January 27, 2011

People are crazy

I know, this isn't a revelation.

Watching the local evening news, OK listening mainly, but as I passed through the den I saw something that looked like a low-speed chase unfolding on my Toshiba screen.

Did O.J. stab someone else?

No.

Turns out the hoopla was about an armored truck carrying a trophy for some upcoming athletic contest in the area.  Nit-wits lined up on the street to watch its arrival.  I guess the paint drying exposition was over-booked.

News reaches us from the Pied Piper's blog that 5000 tickets for the brain dead to watch TV in a parking lot, at $200 each, have been sold.  Inasmuch as I try to keep a family friendly blog, I won't repeat Axel Foley's (Eddie Murphy) response to Serge (Bronson Pinchot)  after hearing the asking price for a piece of  'modern art'.  But it applies here.

P. T. Barnum was way too gracious.

7 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I saw the same thing, thought the same thing.
And people think NASCAR is stupid?

Kathleen... said...

Want me to say it for you boys? Lol...just kidding...

The money being spent is disgusting (SuperBowl) just to say one was present @ the 2011 game.

todd said...

Get the football out!

an Donalbane said...

Exactly.

RPM said...

I heard the tickets were sold before they reached the general public. At least it's some brain dead company that is forking over the cash.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Donald,

I've decided to quit blogging. Quit being fun and I have enough jobs! lol If you ever need me for anything, Corner and I are good friends. He can put you in touch with me. God bless you and your family.

an Donalbane said...

Questions:

Sorry to hear you're hanging it up, but I can understand. Sometimes it's a pain to find the time to keep up the blog - the muse can be fickle.

If I had a Mrs. I doubt I'd have the time to do this.

Hope you'll still drop by from time to time.