Monday, February 21, 2011

Cold again?

Seems I've gotten spoiled with all the good weather following the February deep freeze.
  • License plate seen on a black Mercedes in Southlake yesterday: CME 2P
  • Urologist?
  • Went to the big mall north of the airport yesterday, reminded me of a visit last month where I was accosted by a not-unattractive woman with a clipboard in the food court who asked: "When was the last time you slept outdoors?"
  • If you've read this blog for a while, you know of my (and my daughter's) penchant for sleeping under the stars.  I surmised the question was related to the Surf & Ski outdoor goods retailer.
  • I paused, and said "Friday night."
  • "Um, okay.  Thanks."
  • I made my rounds of the food samples (it all tastes like chicken).
  • As I began my return route to leave, I passed the clipboard woman, but this time I could see that she was at a table with some colleagues, at which some banners were displayed relating to the U.N. Council on Homelessness.
  • I think my response must have totally thrown her off-script.  Apparently I didn't fit their model of 'normal'.
  • There's a newsflash.
  • BTW, daughter and I slept outside two nights this weekend.
  • Punched some holes in paper today.  .224, .244, .308 inch little holes.  Three different action types.  You guess the calibers.
  • Yesterday's sermon was awesome:

IN-N-OUT of LOVE - Part 1 from Keystone Church on Vimeo.

4 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I love sleeping outside, W-spouse....Not so much!

an Donalbane said...

Last night made 4 nights in a row. Since daughter wasn't here, I let the pup have the 2nd S-chair. When the temp drops to the point it stings my lungs, I simply pull the comforter over my head.

Slept like a baby.

Kathleen... said...

I haven't slept outdoors in a long time.....when I have, there's been NO problem though -- I'm one of those people who can sleep anywhere. =)

Where do you go to church?

el chupacabra said...

My neighbor was chasing her stupid dog around around EARLY one morning and freaked out a little when she rounded the corner to my back porch and saw me crashed on a lounge chair.
She never looked at me the same and I'm very sure she assumed I was sleeping one off and not just enjoying the stars and fresh air.

The End.