Sunday, February 13, 2011

I may already be a winner...

Or so a German-language email informed me this morning, stating that I had won the German lottery.

Wow!  I didn't even know I'd entered the German lotto, much less given it my email address.

I guess since deleted the email without clicking on the link, I'll never know how many Deutsche Marks I would've had.

In other news:
  • Watched a bit of Sunday morning 'talking head' blather on TV, most of it about Egypt, some about the R's nominee for 2012.
  • Best quote was from David Brooks, stating that rumor has it "Donald Trump will throw his hair into the ring."
  • During station break, Michelle Obama had a PSA for literacy or somesuch.  The funny part was watching her eyes track back and forth reading the prompter.  Either that, or a cop behind the camera was giving her a HGN test.
  • For months, I've labeled Todd the Blogger's site as: Todd the Dogger?  No, Blogger!
  • It's come to my attention that 'dogger' can be British slang for one who, uh, does lewd acts in public.
  • Uh-oh!  It's getting to where almost any word in the language can be corrupted.
  • I have no reason to believe that that would include Mr. The Blogger, so I'll change it to a simpler label, with apologies.
  • Unless he thinks it makes him sound more daring...
  • I recently had the opportunity to ride with a group of work colleagues across town - about a 45 minute drive, with 7 people in the SUV.
  • Four of us with '5' in front of our ages, three with '4', we listened to the classic rock station.  I'm not really much the karaoke fan, but here is a suggestion for your next group outing.
  • American Pie came on the radio, and we commenced a sing-a-long.  No ordinary sing-a-long, though.
  • The intro and extro, the slow portions, must be done in the style of Bobby "Boris" Pickett, he of Monster Mash fame.
  • The up-tempo, main part of the song, was done en voce Bob Dylan.
  • The Monster Mash treatment also works well on Hotel California.

1 comment:

todd said...

"Dogger" more daring? Eh, beats hogger, I guess. I'm not much of a jogger. Can't say I'm a logger. Don't care what you call me as long as you call me!