Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nostalgia Nugget...

This afternoon I started a post, Surly Saturday, to try to exorcise my inner 'Grumpy Old Man'; however, other tasks beckoned, and by the time I needed to leave to go to church, it was way unfinished.  This evening's sermon, plus something I heard over the sound system at the local grocery, brightened my mood, so the earlier attempt was scrapped.

I hadn't planned this next, but since RPM over at Stay Thirsty, and Ed the Thud Driver both posted vintage pop songs on their blogs this morning, I couldn't resist (RPM put together a really nice collage).  There I was, on the Kroger coffee aisle, when this song came on, probably hadn't heard it in, like, thirtysomething years.  More shocking was that, somehow, I knew who it was (I think that Cathy, the girl next door when I was a kid, had his poster in her room).  So herewith I give you the original Justin Bieber - Bobby Sherman:



Groovin'.  Wonder if I can attract some chicks with leather pants and a fringed shirt?

This next was featured on WFAA-TV news last night.  I've seen the open-air version at an airshow at Fort Worth JRB, née Carswell AFB, a few years ago.

Really cool concept:


Carter Copter - The funniest home videos are here


I guess I'll have to do my 'grumpy' post later...

1 comment:

Shay said...

I always thought gyros were cool. I really like this one.