Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ben Gay

  • Why didn't Mrs. Franklin have any children?
  • I think that was an old Carnac schtick.
  • Or, Hop-Sing say maybe reason Pa Cartwright never re-marry.
  • Anyway, I may need some of that stuff (the muscle reliever, not the gay), as Daughter and I have been on three bike rides in as many days.
  • We've seen a ton of soccer moms - they all seem to have high-pitched squeaky, Valley Girl type voices, though I suspect some were only being born during the Valley Girl days.
  • We also saw this along the trail:
  • Daughter spotted the reptile.  Normally, she picks up grass snakes and garter snakes in my backyard, but she noted that this one was different.  Good thing.  It had quite a bit of spring in it - could strike out about 5" (and was only about 8-1/2" to begin with).
  • Venomous snakes and women - different, but similar.
  • We stopped at a playground.  As we left, a group of young people (looked like junior high kids) were nearby, with an older teenager holding a clipboard, who spoke as we passed, "Sir you look like the kind of person who would like to sign a petition (thought bubble: you've gotta be [kidding] me...) against restaurants that discriminate on the basis of sexual...
  • I don't know why he thought I looked like I wanted to sign his petition, but without slowing our bikes or even turning to look, I simply said "Uh, not so much."
  • I don't know if he was the same pixie who tried to get a local Mayor and Council to sign his petition.  I wasn't in the mood to debate the issue, or looking for confrontation, but had he pushed his luck, I would have artfully articulated, yea gleefully, the argument against his 'victimhood' cause.
  • While the economy crumbles,  'activism' is apparently a growth industry.
  • Perhaps the human pharmaceutical industry is slowing - is Fido pharmacy the next frontier?
Probably just selling them to their friends in the kennel.

4 comments:

Kathleen... said...

OMG, I swear, I thought of your Council Visitor just as I read about the would-be petitioner stop! What a small world. An ironic small world....

And re: Valley Girl sounds? Ugh. No kidding. I listened to quite a bit of that as well over the last couple of days....brain cell popping.

Anonymous said...

Was the snake dangerous? (venomous)

I now you won't just kill a snake but you gotta kill the bad ones!


Dew

P.S. You need ben GAY!

an Donalbane said...

We think it was a baby moccasin - it was near the creek. It was kind of aggressive.


And, P.S., no thanks.

el chupacabra said...

He looks 'tudinal. Head not angular enough or tail blunt enough for a moc- I don't think. Interestingly, banded water snakes and mocs get confused all the time- with people making the mistake of calling the water snake a moc based on aggressiveness. The water snake is VERY asggressive.
I'm thinking bull snake etc. on this fella, but would be curious to know for sure..