Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Harpejji-o!

OK, I had a draft - From Doolin-Dalton¹ to Dueling Banjos - to have featured the Henley/Frey/Browne/Souther song, followed by Buck Trent (not Owens) and the incomparable Roy Clark, riffing on the song from Deliverance.

But, alas, Denney Crane ran the Trent/Clark version before I could complete my draft, so it remains in Blogger purgatory.  I'm surmising DC and I both happened upon the banjo video as a sidebar to a vid posted by Keith over at BON.

So anyway, while perusing a CBS morning show tribute by Stevie Wonder to the late Prince, I noticed he was playing an instrument with which I was not familiar, called the harpejji.  Googling found the maker's site, which included about three dozen song snippets played on the instrument.  Here's one of them:



Don't know if this'll catch on, but would love to see what its potential would be in the hands of a Joe Walsh, Jimmy Page, or Lindsey Buckingham.

Or maybe even Roy Clark...

¹ H/T to the Queen

2 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Sorry if I stole your thunder. It happens to me all the time. I am thankful there's an abudance of material on the internets...

an Donalbane said...

I who hesitate...am lost... ;-)