- It would alliterate in English.
- Many times I listen to TV more than I watch it. After all, who got time for dat? Recently I was brushing my teeth or somesuch, and heard a decidedly familiar voice from an In the Heat of the Night episode. Sure enough, the voice belonged to Ken Curtis. Brief research showed the episode aired in 1990, a year before Curtis passed away. Archie Bunker and Festus - who'd a thunk it, Matthew?
- A stretch of road I drive on the way to work has many yards with Republican and/or Trumpence signs. In the midst of same is one house with one HRC sign and several for candidates whose names are unpronounceable in English.
- Who would win in a Biden/Trump cage match? Godzilla vs. Hillary?
- Remember Daktari? Check out Shaqfari...
- America needs you, Joe Clark!
- Arvy's? America's Roast Venison, Yes Sir! That looks delicious!
- Again, listening instead of watching TV, I heard a familiar actor's voice on Jimmy Stewart's 1955 Strategic Air Command. The character was Master Sgt. Bible, B-36 flight engineer. The actor would later go on to portray LAPD Officer Bill Gannon and M*A*S*H Colonel Sherman Potter. So, maybe if Jimmy Stewart were still alive, he could do a J. K. Rowling movie or appear on T.D. Jakes' talk show. The movie was partially filmed at Carswell AFB.
- George Carlin and Richard Pryor were both on the same Carson episode last week. I have noted previously that, due to a family friend in the record business who kept us supplied with demo copies, I could do verbatim impersonations of those, as well as Redd Foxx. While it was amusing to my friends and classmates, I probably didn't realize that it was a bit out of tune with my career path. In any case, watching the TV, I expected to wax nostalgic a bit during their appearances. I didn't. Carlin seemed much less clever than I'd thought, and Pryor was showing the effects of his drug-addled lifestyle.
- Still, I enjoyed their movie performances in Bill & Ted, and the buddy movies with Gene Wilder.
- Stevie Wonder is supporting HRC. Heck, the jokes practically write themselves...
- I am apparently lying while I'm typing this post. What a crock.
- One of the rerun channels has announced 'new' offerings for 2017: Head of the Class, Alice, 227, and Murphy Brown. Lame.
- I expected to enjoy the Wings reruns more than I have. If it came on before Carson, I'd be more interested in watching.
17 hours ago