Monday, May 25, 2009

Motorcycle Dreamin'

On these pages I have noted the desire to have a motorcycle, when finances permit. And, on the comments section of LandShark's blog, I opined that the Suzuki V-Strom, and possibly the KTM were high on my list.

Well, after watching Motor Week on Saturday, I'd like to add another. 3 cylinders totaling 1050 cm³, said to be good for about 110 hp.

Presenting the Triumph Tiger:


Fully dressed...


...and naked.

I like the second bike much better (surprisingly, the first is a 2005). Don't care for the stripes, the single headlamp, or the bulges on the front forks of the full dress bike, but would like to have the saddlebags available to attach to the naked bike if I decided to go on a weekend, or week-long, jaunt.

2 comments:

todd said...

That dressed one is hideous! The other is pretty good looking.

el chupacabra said...

http://www.banzai-motorsports.com/detail-2001-kawasaki-zr1200~a-zrx1200r-2970643.html

Ever looked at the ZR1200? The link above is to the first I came to check it out. Not a better value in my book. Very comfortable, reliable and attention getting. Will draw a crowd everytime you stop. I paid 1200 dollars for one a couple of years old that had been laid over still a beautiful, simple bike.