Saturday, May 23, 2009

Zombies-R-Us

I know I've been 'phoning it in' as of late, so am going to try to come up with some new material.


First, let me say that I'm no expert on the undead. Until recently, my main information about zombies came from Harry Belafonte's early '60s calypso folk tune (also covered by The Kingston Trio) Zombie Jamboree. I used to like Belafonte until I found out what a PItA he was politically, but his music still stands on its merits.

Anyway, among last weekend's video selections was: Undead or Alive, your typical, formulaic zombie/western/comedy/native american mysticism genre film. Say what?! And of course in the pantheon of great western actors: John Wayne, James Stewart, Ben Johnson, Clint Eastwood, this vehicle starred Chris Kattan. Chris Kattan? In a western? Say what?!²



Nonetheless, it was sort of fun, also featuring the guy from Desperate Housewives, and the short gay guy from several episodes of Boston Legal (or maybe late episodes of The Practice?) as a priest. And it really brought into focus the amount of, uh, dread the undead can wreak when you fail to heed the advice of Geronimo's neice, or something like that.


Which brings me around to news from the science front. I was probably as concerned as you on learning that soon there may be billions or trillions of newly created zombies underfoot, thanks to researchers at Texas A & M (way to go, Aggies!).

Where can I buy Zombie Strength Ortho Fire Ant Killer?

3 comments:

todd said...

Don, just because the video store has it for rent doesn't mean you have to rent it.

an Donalbane said...

Aww, c'mon, it had all the elements: Western, Zombies, comedy, native-American mysticism, Chris Kattan. How could I not rent it?

Navigator said...

this is great!
zombie are us!!
thanks for sharing
best,
https://www.carmudi.co.id/cars/used/