Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back in the blogging chair...

Lately I've had several posts rattling around, including one about Father's Day, but since I was in our Republic's State capital all last week, I didn't get a chance to get any written.

Even though I've spent more than half my life west of 360, last Sunday was only the second time I'd been to Burger's Lake. One of the churches I attend was having a single fathers' celebration, complete with a hot dog and hamburger lunch, so I signed up to take my three kids.

Unfortunately, I read the confirmation email wrong, and ended up at BL on Sunday, not Saturday. Luckily, the admissions lady offered me a discount (not as good as getting in free, but at that point it was better than turning around and going home), so we made a day of it at the park.


There's something nostalgic about a place like Burger's Lake that you don't find at Hurricane Harbor or NRH20. We all had a great time, and were pretty tired by the time we left.

Of course, I should mention that I had dreams in Spanish that night, and after showering the next morning, checked myself in the mirror for tattoos...

4 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Sounds like you had a great time...priceless time.

And your brain treated you to hallucinogenic dreams. You might make the "suspected psychotic right wing extremist list"

todd said...

You might check for crypto as well as tattoos. http://cbs11tv.com/local/Burgers.Lake.open.2.781205.html

an Donalbane said...

Oh well. You know, they made announcements all day about kids being in swimmer diapers - but the announcements were in English, so I guess that might've limited their effectiveness.

Anonymous said...

My wife tried to get me to go to BL the other day. Of course, being fairly new to this area, the first time I had heard about this place was last year when all the little hispanos were pooping in the water giving everyone syphilis, hepititis, or pregnancy, or whatever. So, It's hard for me to take the ol' one-year-old down there to drink the water.

Plus, I'm like you, I don't want to come out of there with a Virgin Maria tatty on my back.

All that being said.....that place does sound fun.
DCB