Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I know I've gotta update...

On my trip down to Austin, I realized it's time to update my '70s-centric musical tastes.

Or at least rotate the CDs in my car stereo changer.

It seems (this will come as no surprise to Todd the Blogger) my playlist is a bit Eagles/Henley focused. Submitted for your approval:
  • Disc 1 -Distillation of the best of Fleetwood Mac Live (1980) on one disc
  • Disc 2 - My own mix of Don Henley's best solo work (no Eagles' tunes)
  • Disc 3 - Common Threads: Country artists performing top Eagles' tunes
  • Disc 4 - Disc One of Long Road Out of Eden
  • Disc 5 - My compliation of Jackson Browne's best works
  • Disc 6 - Hotel California, remastered

I guess if I could fit it all on one 8-track tape, I'd be right at home in a 1978 Datsun.

Maybe this weekend I'll put in some new newer CDs.

4 comments:

Don Dodson said...

I suggest Switchfoot's "Beautiful Letdown". But that might be too newfangled.

an Donalbane said...

I'll have to google that and sample some clips...

Propagandist said...

How old are you? I think my dad listened to that stuff and he's dead. :)) Congrats for getting new music and branching out. I like The Duke Spirit

an Donalbane said...

It's not that I don't have some newer stuff, I just don't have it in the CD changer.

D². I checked out a couple of Switchfoot song vids - thanks! Props, I listened to the clips on the link - not bad!