Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kincaid's Schmincaid's!

Maybe that's a bit strong, but today I had two fine dining experiences, neither of which involved the burger legend.

As I was working diligently today, I found myself, through wind and rain, in the vast metropolis of Weatherford. Since I was smack-dab in downtown, I did the right thing and dropped into Yesterday's, just off the square, for a club sandwich and a brownie. If you've never tasted their bread, you haven't lived. Great food.

Later, as I was trying to thin out the freezer at home, I found an Angus beef 1/3 or 1/2 pound patty, which, with a couple of dollops of leftover lamb chili I'd made last week, colby-jack cheese, tomato and onion, made a mighty fine burger - hence the title to this post.

Mmm!

4 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

That burger sounds great. Amazing what you find in the freezer when you are weeding!

an Donalbane said...

G - Yes, it was very good!

an Donalbane said...

G - I meant to also note in the other comment, Kincaid's is a Fort Worth (TX) burger place of some renown, dating back to the '40s, I think. Hence the title to the post.

todd said...

I like this post cuz there's no Latin in it.