Saturday, October 31, 2009

Volleyball Jones Pickers?

This is a truncated version of the song, not as lush or polished of course as the original, but interesting nonetheless. The harmonies have a Kingston Trio sound to them. I especially like the use of the stand-up bass. Too bad they left out the verses with some of the best imagery.





I think Henley probably intended the title more figuratively than what these guys depict.

Edit: I originally went looking for the Eagles' version, but the only video I could find was either bootleg concert footage or a photo-montage of Eagles stills, many dating back to the Desperado shoot.

Having come of age pre-MTV, I find that music videos often pale in comparison to the theatre of the mind of one's imagination, especially with material as well written as Henley's. He was, after all, an English major at NTSU. Go Mean Green!

No comments: