Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Cross the Streams!

And now, an important public safety announcement:

OK, I don't know what would really happen if you crossed the streams of your Ghostbuster Proton Pack - supposedly you get covered in a thick layer of ectoplasmic goo, generously garnished with a dollop of Mr. Marshmallow.  And maybe sprinkles.  Who am I to argue with Dan Aykroyd?

But, in the real world, where I live (fine, I may not live here, but I like the brochures), I do know that you do not want to cross your, uh, urination stream, with a high-voltage electric cable. (Obviously this advice is mainly for the guys - women's plumbing, as well as their inherent sensibility, inhibits them from taking excessive artistic license in this realm.  After all, I've never seen a woman try to write her name in the snow.)

A man in Washington state survived a car crash with a power pole.  But, while waiting for a relative to come pull his car from a ditch, he decided to relieve himself.  Unfortunately, urine is apparently a pretty good conductor, and when his contacted the downed power line, it formed a high-current circuit through his body that proved instantly fatal, killing him graveyard dead.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9E62II80&show_article=1

So, guys, always practice caution when handling your lightning rod.

You're welcome.

No comments: