Friday, March 26, 2010

Droopy Drawers

Well, now that the Pants on the Ground guy from the American Idol tryouts has completed his 15 minutes of fame, the burden has fallen to me, your loyal scribe, to champion the issue of drooping drawers.

Of course, my version may not be what Mr. Platt had in mind, as I have concerned myself with the problem of  dresser drawers overloaded to the point where the bottoms sag and catch on the lower frame.


The Problem: Drawer bottom droops and pulls fasteners loose

Solution: Remove bottom and install screwing cleats, cut plywood bracing straps

Solution, continued: Screw in 3-ply braces with brass screws and finish washers

Now, I'm confident putting heavy sweaters or jeans in this drawer.  Was the solution overkill?  Maybe.

But, would the Tool Time host settle for less?  I don't think so, Tim.

And neither would I.


1 comment:

Shay said...

Now if you only had a Tool Girl....