Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Advertising from the days of yore

Just about the time I'm convinced everything's gone to heck in a handbasket, I get reminded that, in some positive ways, times have changed:


I'm sure that would work well today..."Hey, honey, look, I got you an electric skillet!"  "Thwack!"   For some reason, I'm reminded of the old story: Guy #1 one says "I got a new hunting rifle for my wife."  And Guy #2 responds "Nice trade."

Not ordinary tapeworms, they're sanitized.






Yeah, good luck with that!  (I thought about turning the tables and modifying the tag line...but thought better of it...)

But it still tastes like Schlitz...

He thinks he'll keep her...  (Yes, I know that jingle was actually for Geritol.)

Lysol?!  Um, this is not the sort of woman I'm looking to meet...

Whoa, Nellie!  Old-school coffee-kinky, I guess.

Back in the '40s lard came out of the bedroom and into the cupboard.  Of course, everyone knows that bacon lard is the best.  Mmm, bacon.

Danger, Will Robinson!  In case the Lysol doesn't do the trick?  (OK, this warning is still valid today.)

I'm frugal, but no amount of Lysol, lard (bacon or otherwise), coffee, or prophylaxis makes this an acceptable practice...


Photos courtesy of emailer MJM.


2 comments:

todd said...

I know: Bacon-flavored tapeworms!

an Donalbane said...

You could make a million bucks on that!