Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Baby Loves the Western Movies...

OK, I don't currently have a "baby" - it's a line from an old Michael Murphey song.

I got an email notice today from Family Video, touting their latest releases.  One of them caught my eyes (I don't like to use the 'eye' singular - makes me sound like Cyclops):


The description reads as follows:  An Old West gunslinger is forced to choose between siding with a gang of violent outlaws and law-abiding citizens while pursuing the bandits that stole his money. Doc West (Terence Hill) has a talent for winning at poker, and a steady hand with a six shooter. When a gang of bandits make off with his winnings, Doc follows them to the next town and seeks vengeance at the poker table. But the game quickly goes awry, and Doc winds up cooling his heels in the local jail. Later, when the streets of the dusty frontier town erupt into gunfire, Doc realizes that his past has finally caught up with him, and realizes that if he's going to make it out alive, he'll have to choose sides.


OK, so the clichéd description is rather lame.  But, there's one piece of relevant information contained therein, and it's that Terence Hill is in it.

Terence Hill, née Mario Girotti, you may recall, is the Italian actor who starred opposite Henry Fonda in possibly one of the finest movies ever made, My Name is Trinity, a Sergio Leone "spaghetti western".  He was also in the non-western Mr. Billions, but it's the role in the Trinity series that's etched in my memory.

I gotta rent that this weekend.  (Also new this week on video, That Evening Sun, starring Hal Holbrook.)

2 comments:

todd said...

...as opposed to a "new" Michael Murphy song?

an Donalbane said...

Hey! For all you, or I, know, he could be working on Cowboy Songs 17 as we speak...